Salt & Vinegar

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Slipknot & Stars

Trying to avoid sweaty t-shirtless boys in my new hobby. Slipknot was fine. The Hordern was packed (hasn't been that packed for me since Smashing Pumpkins), we stood next to the mixing stuff, lots of black clothed boys everywhere, we certainly stood out. Hatebreed got the crowd going, I had to stand on a barrier for extra height- Slipknot sounded great, hard to see, so humid- wish I was taller and bigger so I could stand near the front. Had to wait 80 minutes in the fox studios carpark as the pigs were directing traffic. Obviously they don't favour the slipknot patrons.
The accommodation was nice- Stamford Plaza Double Bay- managed to spot 3 stars- Toadie (from neighbours) at 2am, Lauren Jackson (the basketballer) wandering the streets and Jackie Frank (editor of Marie Claire) drinking coffee- No Nic though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home