Salt & Vinegar

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Belconnen Markets = Hell on Earth

Just got back from a lovely outing to buy some fresh fruit and vegetables. The boy got a juicer about a year ago and as with every new appliance we buy is now sitting in the cupboard because the novelty has worn off. He now wants to get back into healthy living (only 1 takeout night a week- how will I live?) so we got out the juice books, complied a long shopping list and headed off to the markets. Firstly I must point out that we are idiots for not getting a trolley. We headed in and started at one end- straight away I picked up a massive watermelon- it was a good price, the boy volunteered to carry it, then I found some cheap grapes and pears and tomatoes. After purchasing these goodies we walked to the next shop. The pears were much cheaper here (fuck!), we found some more items and continued on our merry way. By the time we reached the last shop we discovered we had been ripped off with most of our purchases, the boy was shitty as he has taken most of the bags, it felt as if my wrist was about to snap off with the bags I had and my loose change kept escaping from my wallet because of the rude people pushing in to me. I spotted some cat grass on the way out so had to balance that with the rest of the shopping and attempt to run to the car without dropping anything. When we reached the car some old bitch parked next to us had all her car doors open blocking our access. The boy unlocked the car about 3 times (it beeps every time) but she still took her time to shut the doors. What an outing and after all that we forget three items and the stuff we did buy doesn't fit in the fridge.



This pic is the closest thing I had to cat grass so just pretend


Newsflash- I am watching the tennis while writing this and Leighton has just thanked his girlfriend Bec Cartwright- I though they were both denying the love affair? How sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home