Salt & Vinegar

Friday, November 26, 2004

Remember Me

Well I suck- haven't written in a while- too busy at work and at home! We finally have broadband up and running. What a saga- took over 10 days and sometimes it drops out just for the fun of it! Trying to work out how to be illegal with torrent.
Speaking of illegal things- went on a bit of a shopping spree with Bianca this week. We went to the one day mega sale at Myer- 3 hours later Bianca ended up with a skirt, sparkly top, pair of shoes (all chosen by me- personal shopper extraordinare) and a five finger discount on some nail polish. I was so outraged I guilted her into taking it back and paying for it. So proudly she presented me with the receipt $9.95 the next day. Glad to see my pure and innocent ways are rubbing off on others.
Finally have a new hot water system. Bit of a drama with that- Actew insisted on coming to give a quote before they would install even though they were happy to quote over the phone- $995. Organised for them to come and quote last Friday morning. Actew man arrives takes one look,plays with the tap and insists it needs replacing at a cost of $995 (what a surprise) So I ask when can we have a new one installed, man says should be able to organise installation before lunch- great I say as I would love to go to work! Wait an hour -Actew calls and says they can get someone out before lunch. Knock on the door- original man standing with paperwork - makes comment about plumber coming some time in the arvo. I ring work and promise to come soon. Work rings back and says don't worry about coming in at all (Great waste all my flex)Wait and wait- at 3:30 get a knock on the door- open to see confused plumber asking me if I need a new hot water system installed. Apprentice tries to install unit- can't- waits for boss to arrive- both manage to install new system and scratch the shit out of the bathroom tiles in the process. Leave old system in the middle of the bathroom pissing out hot water but will take away for $50 cash only- decline their generous offer. Wake in the morning to discover new hot water system pissing water- discover plumber forgot to tighten up the pipes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home