Salt & Vinegar

Monday, November 08, 2004

Antisocial Me?

Well tomorrow night we are having friends over for dinner. Normally I prefer the company of myself, the boy and the two kits. Inviting people over means cleaning the house and thinking of something to cook. I'm not good at cleaning and I don't much like cooking esp when other people have to eat it. I think this comes from a time when I was a student in a share house and we each took it in turns to cook. On time I made a chicken dish in the microwave- I followed the recipe but it still turned out bloody- raw chicken yum yum! One of my flatmates made some nice comments- his names was Hoges. He shared a room with his girlfriend (fiancee). We used to hear them fuck- they were christian but "in gods eyes we are married". I digress. So tomorrow night I want it to be stress free. It will be good when we get a BBQ- we can then sit outside and cook meat- easy! So I think I will make taco's- quick and easy and each person can prepare their own. Entree is hard to match so I think something bizarre will be good - Spinach Dip in a Cob- yummo.
Walking to the bus this afternoon I noticed that a supermarket has opened up in the city west carpark. This should be handy if I ever need to pick up ingredients on the way home- went in to check it out- they didn't have any mags- don't know if this is a permanent arrangement or they haven't arrived so I had to go to Canberra House .
Observation from the bus- If you sit next to someone who wants to get out at the next stop they press the stop button super early, mess about making sure their bags sit on their shoulders and start to get really nervy if you don't appear to be making a move to let them out.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 am, Blogger Mick said...

You're right about the bus. People are funny and nervous about missing their stop.
I personally love taking the bus cause I like to 'people-watch'.
Need to do something to pass the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home