Salt & Vinegar

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

To Train or not To Train

So I have this dilemma at work. The team with which I work has a high turnover.The cause of most of this is the team's manager. So as I am ass manager I train all the newbies. I really don't mind this but today I found out the one of the team member's I fully trained up is now applying for jobs at higher levels because I have taught her so much and she now feels ready. Fine for her but this fucks me up. I don't want to train any more newbies. I talked to Joanie about this and she suggests I stop training people and keep all the info to myself. In theory this sounds okay but realistically if I don 't train they are too reliant on me and I have no time for my own work. If I train them they bugger off and I have to start all over again!



Pinched from Judy Reinen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home