Pining for my youth
I caught the early bus home today as I had to meet an electrician. The bus was full of high school kids in their uniforms. I fondly look back at some of my past, particularly ages 15 and 16. I had a tight group of girlfriends. I was boy crazy and the boys at our brother school seemed to all take a liking to me. I used to have to wear a uniform. It wasn't that bad- light blue tartan shift dress with black shoes and sun hat. I used to spend my weekends in nature reserves getting drunk on jim beam and coke delivered from a taxi driver in town. I was doing well at school, I had a steady boyfriend, lost my virginity and dressed up to look 18 to go out to nightclubs in the big smoke. Turning 17 was pretty shitty and maybe the most traumatic year to date- good friends turned bad, 3 unit maths sucked and I broke up with my boyfriend never to talk to him again.
The joys of youth!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home