Salt & Vinegar

Saturday, January 08, 2005

My Name is Lee and I'm a Music Snob

I'm sitting here watching rage- at this hour they are playing the top 50- currently Delta. I find the top 50 unbelievably frustrating- basically all this music is shit. How can so many people like this music- all brainwashed I say! Whenever I meet someone one of my small talk questions is what type of music are you into to? If they answer with any type of manufactured pop/rock- Britney Spears, Justine Timberlake, Backstreet Boys, Bardot etc etc my lips curls up and I give them a look of disgust. Most people think I'm a music snob but really there are great bands at there you just need to look! So here is a nice list of some great bands- go on give them a listen
  • Sonic Youth
  • Vast
  • Nada Surf
  • Pixies
  • Nirvana
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • SlipKnot
  • System of a Down
  • A Perfect Circle
  • Ben Kweller
  • Cake
  • Bloodhound Gang
  • The Breeders
  • Marcy Playground
  • Ben Lee
  • The Cure
  • Jeff Buckley
  • Coldplay
  • Jamiroquai
  • Beck
  • Radiohead
  • Waikiki
  • The Dandy Warhols
  • The Strokes
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Blur
  • White Zombie
  • The Police
  • Frank Black
  • Harvey Danger
  • Eels
  • Atari Teenage Riot
  • Air
  • Pitchshifter
  • Coal Chamber
  • Korn
  • Tool
  • Badly Drawn Boy
  • Phoenix
  • Royksopp


2 Comments:

At 4:11 pm, Blogger Mick said...

Nice list!
I presume you listen to Triple J?
Since I bought my iPod, i find I am listening to it more and more instead of the radio, but maybe it's just the novelty ;)

I would add to the list: (note the Australian bands!)

Placebo
Dogs Die in Hot Cars
Franz Ferdinand
Regurgitator (OZ)
Urge Overkill
The Butterfly Effect (OZ)
Grinspoon (OZ)
Har Mar Superstar
The Herd (OZ)
The Killers
Love Outside Andromeda (OZ)
Muse
Rocket Science (OZ)
Spearhead
The Streets
They Might be Giants
The Hives

I would remove:

Korn
Marilyn Manson

But that's just me :)

 
At 7:36 pm, Blogger lee said...

Yep I listen to JJJ
Aussie bands don't feature heavily on my list but one I did forget was The Fauves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home