Salt & Vinegar

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Villa

The apartment we live in (well they actually advertised it as a villa when we bought it- and no we don't live in the south of france) is located on the ground floor. We have two courtyards and walls that we share with another apartment either side and there is also an apartment above us. Above us lives a women- I'm certain she lives by herself- I find her high heels really annoying, she also likes to drag furniture around at odd hours.I was convinced she was a prostitute as she would leave really early in the morning clumping down the stairs in high heels, now I think she is probably a flight attendant! The people that live next door are students (think group house). The back yard is a mess, they bang the front door really loudly and play doof doof until 6am. The boy used to bang on the door and tell them to turn it down (it never worked and he always meant to yell turn it off). We sided with the apartment above them, we complained to the body corporate. Didn't have a great impact but I could here the girl yelling over the music to her party to keep it down. The other neighbour started banging and yelling as well-told them to grow the fuck up- seemed to shut them up for the night. Until the next weekend when they had a repeat performance. So I complained again- now my complaints are rather powerful- you see owners have more rights than tenants- 3 complaints and tenants are kicked out. One to go they better be careful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home