Read All About It
1) Total number of books I've owned? Hundreds, my mum embraced my reading as a child and bought me as many as I desired. Currently I have a smallish bookcase which contains about 300- mostly non fiction
2) The last book I bought? Veronika Decides to Die:Paul Coelho $24.95 from the Co-Op Bookshop - disappointed by the happy ending
3) The last book I read? On the weekend I picked up Shallow Grave but I only read the chapter on the Belanglo Murders.
4) Five books or series that mean a lot to me:
1. Remember Me: Christopher Pike- I loved his books as they dealt with the supernatural- I felt for Shari trying to come to terms with her own death.
2. Bongwater: Michael Hornburg- I read this as a teenager- It reminds me of coffee and grunge
3.Nineteen Eighty-Four:George Orwell- I enjoyed this and was surprised to do so as I don't normally go for classics. This was required reading for a Management class at Uni.
4. The Long Hard Road Out of Hell: Marilyn Manson- I love bio's- great story teller
5. The Lovely Bones:Alice Sebold- takes me back to the first book- similar theme, nicely told



2 Comments:
Our of interest, did you feel the ending let The Lovely Bones down at all? I enjoyed it very much right up until the last chapter, where it all got just a bit silly, although speaking to people I'm the only one in the entire world who seems to see this!
hey lee :) saw your comment about bush pig constance hehehehe ;) guess its kinda mean of me calling her that... but she's just so nasty and bitchy! was glad to see her (and nelson) go! am thinking, at this stage, that glenn is looking like a contender to win. he seems genuinely nice - and smart... still, it's early days yet.
... and i was also admiring the list of films you're watching! excellent selection!
hope Life is being kind to you cherub.
kind regards to you. =^..^=
Post a Comment
<< Home