Salt & Vinegar

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Home Alone

I really need to get the Maximo Park Album- don't know the release date for australia and I can't find it on torrents but I can't get the voice out of my head.
We had an eventful shopping expedition in Sydney. The boy managed to buy 2 pairs of shoes- black converse high tops (not your average high tops extra high but not the the knee) and a pair of royal elastics- both on sale. He also got 2 pairs of flared jeans. His other 2 pairs have been worn to death and he also picked up a long sleeve tshirt from jag. I was hoping to pick up a pair of shoes for work- I was thinking kitten heel, tweed covered - couldn't find any that weren't sky high stilettos- not practical for work. I managed to get a pair of black baby dolls with cute embroidered butterflies and a salmon coloured slip on pair with a punched out pattern around the toes- also on sale. I got a few clothes as well- a long sleeve top with butterflies, work pants, blue singlet for under the butterfly top and a 3/4 top. In summary a very successful shopping trip. We ended the day at market city where we had to pay $14 bucks to park for less than 2 hours- not happy but it was worthwhile as the boy picked up his cons and my mum got an outfit for a wedding. While taking a break from the 6 hours of shopping sitting sucking down a fruit crusher I really noticed how different the vibe is in sydney. People dress so differently which is nice- I wish there was more of it in Canberra. The hairstyles are trendier, the shops have more variety and the food is also a lot different. While I like to visit Sydney I wouldn't dare live there but I do envy the kewlness.
Great to have the kits back even though Mr Tuxedo's fur smells like an ashtray (my dad smokes). The boy is jamming so I have the place to myself- I really enjoy my own company- just watched The Grudge- I understand the need to leave an open ending for a sequel but it's still frustrating. Liked the white coat worn my SMG.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 am, Blogger Mick said...

I agree with you about the Maximo Park song that I keep hearing on JJJ.
It's catchy as hell.
They sound a bit like 'Dogs die in Hot Cars', who are also excellent..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home