Cheapskate
I don't know if I have mentioned before that I am a tightwad and hate parting with cash on a everyday basis. I can manage parting with lump sums on odd occasions but hate wasting money on everyday stuff. Here are a few of my cheapskate ways
- Declining dinner invitations to dine out in favour of fast food at home
- Limiting the weekly grocery shopping bill to $60- this results in more money spent on takeaway
- Buying all my magazines (except NW) on subscription(it's way cheaper) and using credit cards points to do so
- Pinching the tea, coffee and sugar sachets from motel rooms to use at work
- BYO lunch to the local cafe and buying only a drink
-Scoping for marked down items esp meat and buying in bulk
- Visting the bulk billing doc even though he is dodgy
- Never going to the movies except in Goulburn where a session is $6.50
- Taking buses over taxi's always!
- Always booking accommodation from clearing houses but never staying under 4 stars (good compromise)
- Splitting the bill to exactly what each person ate when dining at restaurants
- Going home before my second shout
- Auctioning off as much as my crap as possible
I'm not as bad as some I have witnessed- using teabags twice, entering the wrong pin at the register so it declines and prints more of a receipt which = more shopping dockets and the worst staying at scabby hotels so you can use your per diem on personal expenses- shocking!


1 Comments:
Wow. You are a tight-arse!
Although I must admit I am guilty of a couple of those. But going home before the second shout? That's un-Australian!
But at least you aren't as bad as a granny i know. She re-uses birthday cards. Using Liquid Paper...
Scary!!
Post a Comment
<< Home