Blue Mountains
Headed off to the Blue Mountains on the weekend. It was my first time and I loved it. We headed off on Saturday morning, first stop Wentworth Falls. I wasn't wearing the most practical shoes (baby dolls) so we didn't manage the 2 hour trek to the bottom. The two lookouts were nice. We continued up the mountain and after a change of shoes trekked along muddy paths to waterfalls and breathtaking cliff faces.

After a bite to eat at a nice little cafe in Katoomba we found our accommodation- The Hydro Majestic. What a grand hotel. We took the 2 hour history tour which was very interesting, however I freaked out thinking about the 25 ghosts in residence.


Next stop was scenic world where I thought we were taking a leisurely train road to the bottom of the rainforest when in fact it was more like a terrifying roller coaster. I managed to bash my head a few times on the metal grate in which we were incased. I was also violently pressed against my neighbour and managed to pull her hair a little. All in good fun though!

We had a nice dinner out in Katoomba and a nice breakfast the next day in the town next to Medlow Bath which has slipped my mind for the moment.
We took a nice rainforest walk before check out and got a little lost due to the unmarked paths.

We left the Three Sisters until last. It was so packed with tourists and I was shocked that we had to pay for parking. We trekked down to the Golden Staircase where I had a little panic attack that the stairs were about to fall away from the cliff face. I was okay after I watched a three year old walk rather confidently down them- not a good idea to take louis though- I think a backpack would have been a better idea.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home